The Rachel Maxwell Moore Art Foundation Gallery
Under the leadership of Rachel Maxwell Moore, a permanent art facility was opened in 1939, and eventually became the Greenville Museum of Art. In 1963, Ms. Moore established the Rachel Maxwell Moore Art Foundation to continue her legacy of promoting art and culture in Greenville. Presently, the RMMAF has purchased, either in full or in part, 130 art works for the Museum, valued at more than half a million dollars and representing nearly one quarter of the Museum’s permanent collection.
The Greenville Museum of Art is proud to announce the renaming of its South Gallery, The Rachel Maxwell Moore Art Foundation Gallery, in honor and recognition of Rachel Maxwell Moore. This gallery will feature artwork from our pemanent collection purchased by the foundation.
Portrait of Rachel Maxwell Moore, William Fields, 1961